Parish 262-673-4831 School 262-673-3081

Enlightened by Faith, Enriched by Education

School Books

School History

St. Kilian School History

  • First School opened in 1864 and was staffed by two Franciscan sisters from Manitowoc.  School was taught in German.
  • Second School built in 1891 and it was both school and convent.  Addition in 1910 included two classrooms, gym and chapel.  Convent relocated to separate building.
  • Current School dedicated on Nov. 16, 1952.  The east wing, and the current cafeteria and kitchen were opened in January 1962.

 

Fall 1864 through Spring 1867                                    Franciscan Sisters

1867-1868                                           Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis Seraph

1868-1876                                           Sisters of St. Agnes, Fond du Lac WI

1876-1884                                           Lay teachers

1884-1902                                           Franciscan Sisters of Charity, Silver Lake-Manitowoc WI

1902-1904                                           Sisters of St. Benedict, Hartford WI (formerly of Muscoda WI)

1904-1981                                           School Sisters of St. Francis, Milwaukee WI

1984-1991                                           Principal was a School Sister of St. Francis, Milwaukee WI

1954-Present                                       Lay teachers

  • The lowest recorded enrollment of 60 students was from 1880-1887.
  • Enrollment peaked at 671 in 1964